Friday, April 10, 2009

A Midnight Foray In Coherent Though

Pun intended. Forgive me?

I expect no magic from these words tonight. I could run the usual complaints--but principally the issue is simply that there are no words preformed in my head, no argument waiting to be freed.

So instead it is an attempt to bring about coherence to a mind tempted to run towards meaningless--a memory thought kind of TV reruns.

What is Bendoism?

A joke.

It's the religion of Ben--it has only two doctrines. There shall be warrior monks and there shall be flying nuns. That's it. But hey, I like it.

In the context of this blog--currently (and who knows how long) a blog with 0 readership. Do I actually want people to read about what I meander on during those silent stretches of a frantic (or frenetic?) day?

Well--even without a readership I suppose it's only fair--even if only to myself--to explain what this blog is going to be out and what it's going to cover.

My thoughts, questions, and obsessions. For example in the next few days you should see some posts considering these topics:

Masculinity and juvenilization in the media and what it means. (Specifically looking at Dumb and Dumber and the TV shows Bones and Castle. Others may be included)

The effects of temptation on blessings, obedience, and happiness.

The real "partisan problem." (Hint--I'm going to suggest that it's dishonesty rather then disagreement.)

Habit alteration: Difficulties, tactics, and current strategies.

The enlightened skeptic: How good scientists deal with cognitive dissonance.

Property, Liberty, and Taxes: Does a government have the right to take away property from one man and give it to another?

Somehow I think that's more then enough for now. I'm a little intimidated by a own list. It's not that I haven't thought about these things--but putting together a well written explanation is hard though I think I'm capable.

No comments:

Post a Comment