Thursday, October 28, 2010

Giving Up On Faith

I simply can't believe in him anymore. To many repetitions, to many faults, far to many inconsistencies. I can no longer believe in, no longer trust, my future self. I've given him so many assignments so many jobs, and he's failed again and again and again.

Frankly, I'm tired of it. From this point on me and my future self are through. I can't predict how he'll act, how he'll think, or even how he'll feel.

It's obvious that if I want anything to get done I'm just going to have to do it myself. Future me is far to unreliable.

I believe now that who I'll be in the future will be meaner, lazier, and more impulsive then I am now. The only way I'll ever get something done is if I can get it done before future me gets his hands on it.

It's a strange mental construct, this distrust of my future self, yet so far its succeeded in preventing procrastination.

Fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment